I’m Italian, so pesto is a staple. I like to add nutrients to every dish where I can, hence, kale. We use organic ingredients, especially for leafy greens. They tend to have more pesticides when non-organic.
As you can see, my toddler approves of the “hidden veggies!”
Kale, curly, 1 bunch
Basil, 3 C
Walnuts, 2 Tbsp
Parmesan Cheese, 2 Tbsp
Garlic, 5 cloves, chopped
Olive Oil, 3-5 Tbsp
Lemon Juice, fresh, 1 Tbsp
Salt, 1 tsp
Whole Wheat Pasta, 16 oz
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Cook pasta per package directions omitting salt.
- Rinse kale and basil. Combine basil, garlic, walnuts, and cheese into a food processor. Add 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- Pulse until blended. Add the kale. Pulse until smooth.
- Simmer pesto in a small pot. I like to do this to cut the harshness of the garlic.
- Add the lemon juice to the pesto.
- Mix with pasta and enjoy! Sprinkle some more cheese if desired.
- Serve with green beans.
💪🏽For more recipes, health & fitness tips, motivation, support, and positivity, follow Healthy FitMom:
💙Facebook: Healthy FitMom https://m.facebook.com/HealthyFitMom0/
🍎FREE 5 Day Meal Plan: https://goo.gl/forms/sCwGKzYwXbpmzsN93