In the winter, all I want to do is snuggle up and eat comfort food. My son asked me to make mac & cheese and I couldn’t resist! Here is a classic with a healthy and flavorful twist.
📌Pin it! http://pin.it/WmkFn1y
20 oz Butternut Squash, roasted, cubed, fresh or frozen (thawed)
16 oz Whole Grain Pasta, penne
8 oz Smoked Cheddar Cheese, shredded
2 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
4 cloves Garlic, diced
1 tsp Onion Salt
1 tsp Avocado Oil
- If fresh, cut butternut squash in half and roast in the oven at 350 degrees for 30-40 min.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook pasta per package directions, omitting fat and salt. In the meantime:
- In a large skillet, heat oil over med-high heat. Sauté garlic for 3 minutes until browned.
- Add butternut squash, paprika, and onion salt to the skillet.
- Sauté for 5 min until browned and blended.
- Remove from heat and purée in a food processor until smooth.
- Pour sauce into empty pasta pot and heat on medium.
- Add the cheese and blend until melted.
- Toss in the pasta and mix.
💪🏽For more recipes, health & fitness tips, accountability groups, motivation, support, and positivity, follow Healthy FitMom through the Links below. Send me a message to chat about your goals or joining a monthly support Group.
🍎FREE 5 Day Meal Plan & Shopping List (Digital Download to Save & Print)
EMAIL *Want to chat about your health and fitness goals or have a question? I would love to hear from you!