This recipe is quick and easy to make and is naturally gluten free! It’s a healthy and flavorful alternative to traditional meatballs made with ground beef and pork.
📌Pin it! http://pin.it/-gFpgu5
Quinoa replaces breadcrumbs, which not only makes it gluten free, but adds a number of minerals and b-vitamins to the meal. They can also be made in a slow cooker! Meatballs are versatile. Eat them alone, as a sandwich, or on your spaghetti!
1 lb Ground Chicken, extra lean
1 cup Quinoa, cooked
1/4 Onion, chopped
1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
24-48 oz of your favorite Tomato Sauce (I like to use 48 because I love sauce – homemade fresh tomato sauce recipe coming soon)
– Make sure quinoa is cooled before mixing.
- Heat tomato sauce in a large pot until almost boiling, reduce to a simmer to avoid burning.
- Combine chicken, onion, garlic, seasoning, and egg. Mix until completely blended.
- Form meatballs into preferable size and drop into the sauce.
- Simmer for 1 – 2 hours, stirring frequently. If using a slow cooker, cook on low for 4-6 hours until the internal temp reaches 165 degrees.
- Simmering for this length of time ensures that the flavors are bold in the sauce. In reality, you could get away with 25-30 min as long as they are cooked through.
💪🏽For more recipes, health & fitness tips, accountability groups, motivation, support, and positivity, follow Healthy FitMom through Social Media Links below. Send me a message to chat about your goals or join a monthly Challenge Group.
🍎FREE 5 Day Meal Plan & Shopping List (Digital Download to Save & Print)
EMAIL *Want to chat about your health and fitness goals or have a question? I would love to hear from you!