I had a craving for sweets, but didn’t want to go overboard and feel sluggish. The perfect solution: chicken & waffles – healthy style!
📌Pin it! http://pin.it/sI729RM
1/2 C Whole Wheat Flour
2 C Cornflakes, crushed, I used Nature’s Path Organic Honey
6 Chicken Breasts
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp Paprika, regular or smoked
6 Whole Grain Waffles, frozen
1 lime, zested and juiced
Maple Syrup, pure
- Preheat Oven to 400 Degrees
- In 3 separate bowls: place Flour & Paprika (mixed), Cornflakes, & Eggs
- Cut chicken breast into 2 in pieces. Season with salt & pepper.
- Dredge chicken into flour, then eggs, then cornflakes.
- Place on parchment paper on a pan and bake for 20 min until temperature inside reaches 165 degrees.
- Cut up fruit and mix with lime zest and 1/2 of lime juice
- Bake waffles per package directions
💪🏽For more recipes, health & fitness tips, accountability groups, motivation, support, and positivity, follow Healthy FitMom through Social Media Links below. Send me a message to chat about your goals or joining a monthly Challenge Group.
🍎FREE 5 Day Meal Plan & Shopping List (Digital Download to Save & Print)
EMAIL *Want to chat about your health and fitness goals or have a question? I would love to hear from you!