My family LOVES this recipe! We put it in individual dishes so that we modify the amount we eat in one sitting. It’s that good! You can even lick the spoon, since there are no eggs. I may have gone overboard with that…
*****Links to suggested items in ingredients. Just click on an ingredient to access the suggestion! The options I provide are typically less expensive than buying in a grocery store and tend to be organic – we want to take every opportunity to eliminate chemicals and pesticides from our bodies!*****
- 1 3/4 cups Homemade Pumpkin Puree (sweet, natural flavor)
- Can also use 8 oz of canned pumpkin puree (not sweetened “pie filling”). My favorites in terms of taste, health, and price are:
- 3/4 cup coconut milk; I like organic “So Delicious”
- 1/2 cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/4 cup pure organic maple syrup (to me, this is super sweet, but many people like it. I often just use 2 tbsp – decide how much you want to treat yo’ self)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, and 1/2 tsp caramel extract
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon (organic)
- 1 1/2 – 2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice (organic)
- 1/2 tsp ground Himalayan Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare 5 ceramic baking dishes.
- Whisk together dry ingredients (spices, sugar, and cornstarch)
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (remaining) and pour dry into wet. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture evenly into the individual baking dishes and bake for 45 minutes.
- Let cool on the stovetop (to set and prevent dishes from cracking) and put in the fridge for at least 4 hours. I prefer when they are cooled overnight.
*Enjoy with some coconut vanilla ice cream or plain! If you want to make a whole 9 inch pie, use the same directions, but bake for 1 hour. The middle will be a bit gooey, but cooling in the fridge will take care of that.
For more recipes, health & fitness tips, accountability groups, motivation, support, and positivity, follow Healthy FitMom through the links below.
FREE 5 Day Meal Plan & Shopping List (Digital Download to Save & Print)